Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Going out of town? Effective Way to Monitor your Dog's Diet!

This post says it all in the title. I have three dogs, all of which are different breeds, sizes and have different diets. A few months ago, my husband and I went out of town for a week and boarded our dogs at a very homie boarding facility, that we love. Little did we know, that although we disclosed each dogs diet to the boarding facility, the dogs were VERY much overfed at the end of their visit. We had supplied the facility enough food to last two weeks and when we picked them up, we were told the dogs ate ALL the food?! That was the last time that was going to happen!

The next time the hubs and I left town, I made sure that we had a fool proof plan to keep our dogs on their diet! There is nothing worse than being gone a week without your pups, and finally getting them back in your arms to cuddle, and all they're doing is farting!

Solution:

Individual baggies, with the day and time of the meal, and a dashing picture of each dog as to avoid confusion.


I thought it wiser to state the dog breed on the bag rather than the dog's names. A stranger isn't going to know the difference between Arnie and Buddy, but they will know the difference between a Beagle and an Italian Greyhound.

It's pretty simply really, I created each label with Microsoft Word, including the days that we were going to be gone. Then cut them all out and taped them to the inside of a sandwich bag.



Then, I just portioned the food and poured it the bag.... (with some help from the pups)



And there you go! Put them in a box, organized by date and time! Simple, easy, and happy, fart free pups!



That's all for now! Byee!



No comments:

Post a Comment